On Nov 29, 2010, at 09:54 , Phil Thane wrote:

On Sunday 28 Nov 2010 19:50:59 Jeff Causey wrote:
I'd like to know which components are most used and maybe why others
are not. If you used OpenOffice before you can include your usage data
as well.

Do you use the quick starter?

I write for a living and use OO Writer (I'll switch to LO obviously once my
distro packages it, but I'd rather not use a Beta release for work).

Like Phil I write a lot, though not for a living unfortunately, so Writer accounts probably for
over 90% of my usage, with Calc accounting for most of the rest.  Very occasionally I receive a
Powerpoint presentation, and I think once I have tried to use Draw for something.

Calc is mostly used now for membership lists and accounting in our local Gardening club, and I have
been thinking about Base for the membership bit.  After reading in Francois' email that he finds it
easy to use, I'll probably give it a go.

Like Jeff I have LibO on my computer and fire it up to test things, but I have to have OOo
installed also until LibO is released, since I don't want to use beta apps for live work.

There is as far as I know no quick starter on the Mac, but I have placed OOo in the Mac equivalent
of the Startup folder on Windows, so that it opens a default document on boot in the morning, which
I immediately close, and then I have OOo "open" so that future documents start up much quicker.

//James