On 02/01/2011 10:02 AM, toki wrote:
On 01/30/2011 02:45 PM, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:

I also hope part of this discussion is useful for other DVD
distributors.

Four points:

a)  Are you going to be making that DVD image publicly available for
other people to download and burn to physically distribute locally;

I am not sure. I made an ISO file but its interest for others is limited
as it's really customized to my use and has my contact information. It's
also 1.4 GB in size so it's not as easy to distribute. I published all
the steps I took to make it so anyone is free to make the same, which I
think will fit best everyone's specific needs.

b)  The file tree does not contain files for 64 bit Windows. All of the
new systems I've seen here, have had 64 bit Windows 7 on them;
I am not aware of a 64-bit specific version of LibO for Windows. I only
used files available at libreoffice.org for the files I chose:
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.3.0/win/

c)  The file tree does not contain Linux RPMs. Omitting that is probably
as bad an omission as leaving out the 64 bit Windows files;

I suppose you didn't read my notes. Under "Research and writing":
" I left out RPMs for now but they will be included shortly. "

How are such omissions bad ? I provide links to get "other languages and
versions" as indicated on the label. I am focusing on my audience,
that's all. For my first run I expected no one to be using an RPM system
and didn't have time to download the appropriate files.

d)  How are handling the "source code must be available" issue?

jonathon

I haven't had any requests yet. I link to libreoffice.org in many
places, and my README includes this mention:

All software included on this DVD is licensed under the LGPLv3 free software license.
The latest version of these files can be obtained at:
http://libreoffice.org/download

I suppose I can include a mention about the source code there, thanks
for bringing that up.

Cheers,

Fabian

--