Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO in Business

On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 08:11 -0500, Frank Esposito wrote:
> I posted a question as to why choose MS Office over OO on hacker news
> and although I only got 4 responses, they kind of match my own
> experience with OO.
> here is the discussion:
>
> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1816102
>
> Problems with adoption as far as I can ascertain are as follow:
>
> * It is ugly
> * it does not match MS Office functionality exactly (this is what the
> world uses, so to get people to adopt LO, they need to have what they
> already need)
> * It is slow
> * It is clunky
> * It has issues with MS doc and docx files (yes I know MS formats in
> an insane way and does not follow standards)
> unrefined

MSO does not run on the majority of computers. The computing majority
being cell phones. No-one seems to care that MSO doesn't run on their
phone. Unfortunately we are going to miss the one clear opportunity to
get greater volume then MSO.

Give it 5 years and everyone will be using Smartphone technology for
basic productivity.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications