Hi All,

Not to ruin the mood, but please consult a (or few) developers (like Justin). The whole interoperability thing is pretty quirky topic as the function set and/or ground design of LibreOffice being different.

So interoperability always end in awful 'limitations' or needs massive amount of work.  Anchors to character are converted. Text boxes changes to frames (or something else). Page breaks being paragraph setting in Writer and 'object' in Writer. Or the Highlighting/background color topic. Or the default font topic (save Calc file into xls & reopen... font changed). Or the styles system of LibreOffice not being compatible with Word [I think, not 100% sure]

So kind of skeptical if what is 'desired' being even achievable. Or even there is any acceptance at all I did quite some reports on things being different in Writer compared to Word. Aside from incompatibility, you get , Writer isn't Word and isn't expected it to be. Nor is Writer a clone of Microsoft Office.

So really get the desire, but kind of doubt if there is big desire/support. And next comes total sum needed to 'fix' it. I would imagine half a million euro not to be unrealistic; but well not a developer and not good at estimating.. so this likely gets 'correct'. Or people don't even dare put a budget on it. ICT projects & budget mostly tricky topic.

But well, hoping Justin having some time to shed some light on the matter.

Cheers,
Telesto