On 07/15/2015 08:11 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Le 15.07.2015 12:24, Marc Paré a écrit :
Hi Tim,

Le 2015-07-14 10:17, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :

Since July 8th, when the ISO file for my LibreOffice NA-DVD [English]
when online, I have had 90 downloads.

It had been a while, due to hardware and health issues, since I was able
to upload an ISO file.  These numbers tell me that there are people out
there that want my English DVD available for download.

So here is the break down of the Countries where the system is located
and the OS of the system that has downloaded it.

Top OS is Windows - 73%
Top Country is the USA - 26%

[hopefully the HTML table works in this post]

     Country    Linux    Macintosh    Unknown    Windows Total
1.     United States     17%     0%     4%     79%     24
2.     Japan     0%     0%     0%     100%     17
3.     Germany     18%     0%     45%     36%     11
4.     Russia     100%     0%     0%     0%     11
5.     Italy     0%     0%     0%     100%     8
6.     Canada     0%     0%     0%     100%     3
7.     Portugal     0%     0%     0%     100%     2
8.     Poland     0%     0%     0%     100%     2
9.     United Kingdom     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
10.     Israel     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
11.     Australia     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
12.     Malaysia     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
13.     Denmark     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
14.     South Africa     0%     100%     0%     0%     1
15.     Mexico     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
16.     France     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
17.     Morocco     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
18.     Thailand     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
19.     Argentina     0%     0%     0%     100%     1
20.     Hong Kong     0%     0%     0%     100%     1

     90

Nice stats and congratulations! And most of all, thanks for taking
care of creating the DVD.

It looks like the US is still the largest zone where a DVD is needed.
Although, if we were to market the DVD a little more aggressively, we
may find that the DVD may be popular in other zones.

Has the DVD availability been announced on the LibreOffice blog/FB/Twitter?

Now that you're mentioning it: no. But I do think we should put this ISO somewhere on our servers first before pointing people to it. We just got out of the SourceForge sh*tstorm - Let me ping the infra team for that.

Best,
Charles.

Since I rarely use Social Media - though I do have a FB account - I have not "talked about" this DVD there. One reason why the USA has the most downloads is for the fact that the DVD pages are in English. If I had the pages translated into French, Spanish, or other language, then it might have more downloads in those regions that use those languages as primary or secondary languages.

ALSO. . . .
If you have a faster access than I have, I have no issues for you to copy it to the LO servers. Then I would have the LO server as the first download option for the ISO file.

It takes me 9+ hours to upload the ISO file, of it makes using the Net impossible when I upload the file. So I have to start it before I go to bed and not have any monitoring till morning. I then update my "demo" site reflecting the changes/updates. That is about 5+ hours, since most of the time is for the new installs - currently 2.4 gig for 4.4.4 installs with the added help/language packs I include.

Also, I use Filezilla for ease of use for SSH uploads. Using "rsync" for SSH keeps telling me the servers are not available or not found, when Filezilla's SSH access works fine. [I have the SSH passcode/etc. setup in the .ssh folder]