Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2014-10-29 at 10:29:
hum... Several things here, let me take them on in a more logical order:

maybe a few thoughts from my POV, not so much marketing-related per se, but related to infra, and related to me being the one proposing Redmine together with Alex & co. in first place :)

Redmine is fantastic for tracking tasks, and indeed, in these terms can extend mailing lists excellent. For discussions, I'd rather stick with the lists, with pointers to the tickets appreciated. Sometimes it's helpful to also add a comment to the ticket as well as to the list, but I guess we'll find that out how much "double" posts make sense - I guess that summaries/decisions make sense in the ticket, individual discussions not so much.

As for what Redmine provides, I love the idea of having everything integrated within one tool.

For some things, Redmine simply was put online too late - we now have ownCloud for a public file store. For others, while Redmine provides the basic tool, it's not extensive enough - I cannot imagine dropping MediaWiki with all its plugins and features in favor of the rather simple Redmine-integrated wiki.

Still, I we should think about merging tools - I e.g. can imagine folding the public ownCloud into Redmine for the sake of having less tools, and as only the file store is used for ownCloud. For the internal ownCloud, with its CalDAV and CardDAV, that'll be harder, Redmine doesn't provide a replacement.

Hope that helps a bit!
Florian