Le 2014-01-20 05:10, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

Well I was not aware of that as well, so our communication does not go
well. Let me just summarize where we stand then, because I think
everybody is confused by the tools we are using.

* During the latest LiboCon, people complained that our marketing wiki
   and the wiki in general just did not serve their purpose for file and
   document storage. As a result, our Owncloud repository was open.
   While you need credentials to upload documents, download of the
   public section (the "Shared/Common/" folder) is open to anyone)
* It does not mean we stop using the wiki; but we will be using the
   wiki to draft content we need to edit and work on collaboratively -
   the first and main purpose of a wiki - but not as a document
   repository.

Given these two parameters, any consolidation of content on the wiki is
actually much welcome . But we really need to stress that for file
repository, there's OwnCloud (btw, the Design team also has an OwnCloud
folder).

Thanks!

Thanks for clearing this up.

We should then, both marketing/design team take some time out and revamp our pages to reflect such workflow. At this point, except for people who are aware of our previous arrangement with marketing/design (and, who were obviously not at the Libocon tables) are not aware of this explicit new workflow. Design still has the wiki repository as its principle repo page (it has its own linked icon on its wiki site) and we both share links on our 3rd menu line to the same wiki repository page. Nowhere is found the Owncloud link and still, we are now filling an older wiki page that was essentially slated for deletion.

What we really miss are a couple of people in charge of keeping house, and maintaining the workflow. It is far easier to leave it to a couple of people to maintain a process than to have multiple people try to maintain it and eventually abandon it and restart again. A lot of effort went into compiling the list of marketing/design objects on different wiki pages and re-linking them on the repo wiki page.

Perhaps then, keep the repo wiki page as it stands and start linking to all of the marketing materials that have been moved to the cloud. Then sift through the older materials that are already there and slowly move what is worth keeping up to our instance of OwnCloud. That way, our list of inventory will not be lost, just so that we not "reinvent" ourselves and have a working catalogue of "approved and final version" of materials that we can put to use.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com