Hello Marc,

Le Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:20:29 -0500,
Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> a écrit :

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people were aware that we were slowly collecting
our marketing/design resources and trying to sort them our logically.
So, a year ago or so (a little more), the marketing/design teams
created a central repository that we share in management. We also put
the link on our respective wiki pages (3rd menu liine)

So, our link/label for the repository is called "Marketing
Logo/Artwork Resources" (as you can see on our 3rd menu line)[1] AND
the design teams link/label is called plainly "Artwork Resources"[2].

These two links lead to this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements

We are now seeing a build-up of a page that was slated for deletion
(it was being emptied as we had time to do so) that is found here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material

I am not sure if you are aware of this and probably explains a new
buildup of resources on many wiki pages that essentially fragment our
materials that would probably be best put on one page. This leads to
our spending more energy re-inventing materials that we may in fact
have done and reposited on a wiki that people have forgotten existed.

Well I was not aware of that as well, so our communication does not go
well. Let me just summarize where we stand then, because I think
everybody is confused by the tools we are using.

* During the latest LiboCon, people complained that our marketing wiki
  and the wiki in general just did not serve their purpose for file and
  document storage. As a result, our Owncloud repository was open.
  While you need credentials to upload documents, download of the
  public section (the "Shared/Common/" folder) is open to anyone)
* It does not mean we stop using the wiki; but we will be using the
  wiki to draft content we need to edit and work on collaboratively -
  the first and main purpose of a wiki - but not as a document
  repository.

Given these two parameters, any consolidation of content on the wiki is
actually much welcome . But we really need to stress that for file
repository, there's OwnCloud (btw, the Design team also has an OwnCloud
folder).

Thanks!

--
Charles-H. Schulz