Hello Marc,

Le Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:26:23 -0500,
Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> a écrit :

Le 2013-11-13 02:46, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

After Milano what was felt is that we need a simple document
repository. The wiki should be used as a wiki, that is for
collaborative text editing (yet there's a pad for that too) and more
exactly for texts and pages we don't really need on the website
itself.

It means that at least for marketing, the wiki has stopped to be a
primary and daily marketing tool. I'm quoting the discussions from
the Milano workshop here.

Best,

Just to be clear, and, to use a real example:

I usually try to update files kept on our "Visual Elements" page
which is shared with the marketing/design teams[1]. (Yep, I am still
hoping to getting back to updating this page)

Are all of these files to be kept/moved to ownCloud now? or are the
files kept on the wiki? Do we keep repositing the files on the wiki?
We were keeping older files just in case we needed to go back and
grab marketing items that would just need a little updating (no point
in re-inventing the wheel if it can be avoided).

Or is that wiki page supposed to stay on the wiki with the files
pointing to ownCloud?

Could anyone explain how someone would go about re-organizing that
page, now that it seems that ownCloud is the repository to marketing
tools? And is the Design team going to follow along with the same
workflow. Some of the marketing and design items are used by both
teams.

Don't overthink it :-)  The OwnCloud repository is done for people who
want to upload stuff. Just by my sentence you know it's less than
formal. No one wants to migrate content from the wiki to the OwnCloud
while closing the wiki page (at least there's no task and no decision
for this) so if you wish to upload materials on OwnCloud please go
ahead but it's really important to note that you don't have to.

Thanks,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,