Le 2013-10-25 11:18, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2013-10-25 16:24:

I think that if we indeed put the question of the costs next to whether
we want to attend this event, then the real question is: what are we
looking to achieve? If it's mere presence, then few people won't notice
us like last year but that can still be helpful. Maybe we are looking

so, I think if we attend, we clearly should bring more TDF people on
place. Like having you, Italo, me, and some other folks from Europe for
one or two days, also with sending in talk proposals, makes a lot of sense.

I might be biased, but to me, attending CeBIT is rather important "to be
seen" - it still is the largest IT event at least in Europe, if not
worldwide.

However, finding some sponsors to lower the costs definitely is worth
looking into...

Florian

I think we should think of it strategically. If MS is there with a booth, we should also be there with a booth, and, we should also be highlighting interoperability and any other advantages that LibreOffice has over MSOffice. We also need to shore up our marketing strategy on using LibreOffice on corporate clouds with running cloud/CMIS examples at the booths. Make sure the booths are manned by competent LibreOffice team members for demonstrations as well as demonstrate the cloud setups. Finally, need to have solid marketing presence to counter any negative publicity (TCO etc.) put our by our competitor at CeBit (if any such publicity is put out). We need to show how our corporate structure is serious about code development, community involvement and product-market penetration.

This should be combined with talks and some hint at upcoming code development for the project.

IMO, our presence at these large conferences is really not about demonstrating the product, but of our corporate resolve/commitment to the project, that we will be unrelenting in code development and that we measure up/surpass any other proprietary office suite project.

We should also use the time to try to partner up to any other organization at CeBit that would fit well with our desire to push our product/brand further (for example computer manufacturers who could include LibreOffice installed on some of their retail computer lines, or arrange partnership with clouds in order to make LibreOffice their 1st choice cloud-office suite, etc.)

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com