On 07/23/2013 07:41 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2013-07-22 23:42, Jean Weber a écrit :
Having got a bunch of these printed for use this week and at future
conferences, and with v4.1 of LO due out very soon, I belatedly
realise that we should probably have made the brochure more generic,
with LO4, not 4.0, so they aren't out of date so quickly.

--Jean

That is a good observation. We will have to keep this mind where the data is not dependent on the version number. We could work on this when you come back from OSCON.

With 2 different 4.x lines out [or coming out] and the last of the 3.6.x line, there are a lot of different versions on the table for discussion at OSCON or other event.

Would it be better to have LibreOffice 4 or LibreOffice 4.x on a brochure?

For my DVD labels, I currently have 4.0.4, and 4.0 as a generic label for that line.

The issue for a LO 4 generic brochure would be to avoid having info in that brochure that is for 4.1.x and not in the 4.0.x line. It would be great to have only one brochure for the next year's worth of 4.x versions, but it needs to be generic enough to not "advertise" anything that is not in the current 4.x.x version[s], both conservative and "cutting-edge" versions out at that time.

As for things like DVD version labels, we may need version specific.
As for brochure text, we need it to be a generic as possible.

I really hope OSCON sees a lot of traffic at the TDF/LO table. It would be great if you all-but-run-out of the brochures and other handouts.

I hope we get a lot of people thinking about LO and look into switching to it. I know that the lady I was talking to yesterday really loved the "price" and the fact that it would work on both Windows and Mac systems. She did not know what Linux was though.

Good Luck
and make some converts.

If you do have any "stuff" left, send some on to me. I can send some on to others in the USA, if there is a bunch of them.

Tim L.