Hi Florian,

Le 13/05/13 05:59 AM, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

I have good news to all of you, finally - the videos from last year's
LibreOffice Conference have been cut and put online by the company in
charge of the recordings. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical
difficulties, it took much longer than anticipated, and in the end, they
had to hand-cut and lipsync videos and slides, which took an incredible
amount of time, explaining the huge delay.

I am currently evaluating the technical options of hosting those videos
together with their special player on our own infrastructure, and expect
to finally have the files online on our servers soon, available to the
general public. You are probably aware that all the slides have already
been available since last November or so at
http://conference.libreoffice.org/talks/

Again, sorry for this massive delay.

As to pictures, we have provided technical facilities for uploading
them, and many people made us of these. However, as sometimes it was a
weird mixture of publishable and unpublishable, public and private
pictures, and so far, no volunteer for reviewing them has shown up, they
are not online.

Hopefully the videos can compensate that a bit. ;-)

Florian

Could we perhaps make our experience with this a good discussion item to add leading to our next conference in Italy? It would be nice if there were videos done at the next conference and avoid some of the problems we had at last year's conference. I am not sure if there was a BoD debriefing session after last year's conference.

Photo related problems, perhaps it would be best to have a "designated photographer" for the conference whose ONLY purpose would be to go around, take photos along with the disclaimer agreements from the people in the shots. That way, we would no longer have to rely on people's generosity for photo shots at our conferences.

BTW ... more stringent rules are being adopted everywhere with regards to videos and photos and disclaimers or publishing agreements are pretty well expected by most countries, Canada has extremely stringent laws and sometimes, even in cases where there are group shots with a blanket agreement, it may even still be considered unlawful to post. If we are going to make use of a photographer, he/she should be aware of the laws that are applicable in the circumstances where the photos are taken.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com