Here is a short list to get started on the academia brochure.

From an academic point of view:

* collaborative work
* CMIS "integration with various CMS and online document storage"
* bibliographic work (integration of leading bibliographic extensions)
* collaborative commenting <-- not sure if this is what we would call it
* list modules but in the order most likely to interest Academia
* Writer is capable of managing large documents without losing data
* Math is used in some academic circles and has won accolades from these users (we will need some academics to quote for this) * Draw is a vector powerful drawing tool that may be used for a variety of chores: large reports (use our PT-BR magazine as a good example); * import of Visio and Publisher files into draw allows consolidation of incompatible versions. <-- the only catch is that there once imported, the files need some "tweaking" (I am speaking in particular of Publisher files)
* impress remote
* LibreLogo is included <-- most likely not a big thing for academia, but yes for educational institutions -->teachers
* Base -- frontend for sql databases
* multiple languages
* multiple language dictionaries with possibility of additional dictionaries from our membership who create the dictionaries (Tim's suggestion)
* large community of users to help when you need advise
* many extensions to extend the ability of the office suite <--we should name some of the most popular extensions for academia
* ease of installation
* comprehensive list of compatible file formats
* presentation module may be controlled from an Android phone
* LibreOffice comes in its regular format and even portable, DVD, CD versions
* set of manuals that are kept up to date
* online manuals

 From an IT point of view:

* available on OS platforms: Win, Mac OS X, Linux (All flavours -- is also the default office suite for almost all of the Linux distros)
* large scale installation is possible
* there is a pool of certified developers available for hire or from their companies <--make sure to link to the TDF page where these are available
* large complement of devs to drive innovation
* medium size complement of QA to help identify and correct bugs
* large community of users to help when you need advise re: installations
* over 500 devs participating on the project
* over X million downloads making LibreOffice a very popular office suite with familiar menus, installation process
* ease of installation
* list of installed base in different countries <-- list as many regions as possible and maybe get some reviews from different educational institutions to corroborate the use/installation ease

Feel free to add to this list. Some of the points are also found on the educational list but are still valid for academia.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com