Le 10/05/13 07:01 AM, Italo Vignoli a écrit :
On 05/10/2013 03:47 AM, Marc Paré wrote:

I was going to suggest that we need to add the fact that cooperative
work can be done on institutions' clouds with LibreOffice ability to
integrate through CMIS. This is a really big advantage for LibreOffice
for institutions running their own clouds can then make use of
LibreOffice. We will have to list all of the clouds that have been
proven to work with LibreOffice, there is a list somewhere, and, if not,
we can make one up at the same time as the brochure.

CMIS is not focused on cooperative work, but on document exchange with
content management systems (or document management systems). Basically,
you can load from and save to CMIS compatible servers, such as Alfresco
and Sharepoint, but you cannot do it cooperatively (one user at a time)
as GoogleDocs (which is using a non locked proprietary document format
in order to achieve this feature).

A list of CMIS compatible software can be found on Wikipedia.

Thanks for adding this.

From the feedback that I get from my end, the academics have all responded positively for this type of "collaboration", they do not like to have "many at once" on a file as they see too much wasted time being done by students. They have more use for the ability to edit one file by one user, and then have another user able to edit the same file later on, and then another user do the same etc.. But, that may be only the view of my local contacts here who work in the music field at the university level (undergraduate and graduate levels). However, this has interested them enough to consider perhaps moving to LibreOffice from MSO ...

The only negative, is that they would like to see a working example on our servers, and, I imagine that the IT staff at the universities would also like to see a working model, which, at this point, we do not provide. IMO, this should be on our "should have list" ... setting up any kind of (cloud) server with CMIS capability and to allow users the testing of LibreOffice CMIS and file exchange.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com