Hi, all.

I have experience as a college student in China, Hong Kong, US.
All these three regions seems to be MS Office based; people assume
others have access to MS Office.
China, in particular, generally use MS Office documents even in the
cases that PDF is a better choice, for example, announcements often
use doc format.
I haven't seen any ODF files distributed around except those found in
SFD or LUG events.

Let's consider some real world cases.
1. An organization has Windows + MS Office deployment already, which
is at least very common in universities.
Then for whatever reasons, the organization is considering some
alternative options.
A. Apache OpenOffice
B. Google Docs
C. LibreOffice
D. Office 365
I'd put an honest question: What's the advantages of LibreOffice in this case?

2. A non-geek bought a PC for her own use, the OS is Linux/Mac OS
X/Windows, and she is considering which productivity suite to use.
A. Apache OpenOffice
B. Google Docs
C. LibreOffice
D. MS Office
E. Office 365
Still the same question, what's the advantages of LibreOffice here?
You may exclude the Linux case since LibreOffice is often
pre-installed by various Linux distributions.
From my own experience, the fact that LibreOffice releases seems to be
a disadvantage.
If I help someone else install a particular version of LibreOffice,
that software would never get upgraded without my participation.

I understand "free and open source", "free of charge" are big
advantages for some people.
Are they enough for general marketing? I guess not.
For me, less bloated, available as portable app seems to be the
biggest advantage of LibreOffice.
I'm also expecting LibreOffice being available in Android and Web world.

Cheers,
Ma Xiaojun