On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, we are in great need of community building strategies, which
is where our success rate is quite slim. We need to work on this and make it
a concerted effort on all of our lists (global and language lists).

Totally agree. I'm trying to organise my notes and thoughts from CLS
(Community Leadership Summit), which I attended in July. I was mainly
looking for ideas that might work for expanding the Docs team, but
most of what was covered should be relevant to other segments of the
community. My interests, as you all know, are in marketing and user
services, not coding: support, training, user docs, and certification
of people working in those areas. IMO the places where we might find
new community members for those areas are not the same places where we
look for developers. More on that topic later!

--Jean