I don't know what words marketing departments for other products use.

It's just interesting to see SoftMaker being careful to avoid potential problems.  They imply they
handle DocX better than even MSO can but then add in a disclaimer.  MSO 2010 doesn't always render
DocX created by MSO 2007 perfectly or precisely.  That's assuming the same machine and the same OS.

So, although their front page makes it sound great i would want to see the results from thousands
or millions of different peopl using it before really judging it's strengths and weaknesses.  I
suspect that LO is better but that could be personal bias.

Simon's answer was the clincher for me
"It does not appear to be open source, so it does not offer its users
either a guarantee of continuity or any of the other benefits that
arise from software freedom."

So, in my opinion lets just see where they are in a year or so.

Being proprietary may give them a niche market that LO couldn't tap into.  Imo anything that helps
pull people away from MSO is good.  Having seen there are viable alternatives my guess is that
people would then gravitate towards LO.

Just my 2cents