Hi everyone,

Le 2012-06-17 05:02, Marc Paré a écrit :
FYI (for those who are interested) -- From the latest SourceForge
newsletter

"Fastest Growing Projects
Each month I get a report of the fastest growing projects for the month.
Often, they contain an equal mix of familiar and new. This usually means
that the familiar projects have pushed out a new release, and that the
new projects have been discovered by a new audience.

This month, these are the top ten growth projects:

Apache OpenOffice: A wonderful multiplatform and multilingual office suite.

KeePass Password Safe: KeePass - A free open source password manager.

aMSN: MSN compatible messenger application. ..."

Wow! Sorry, I really had not imagined that this would cause such a fuss. Here are some points:

First point, and, most importantly, let us not forget that the people on this list are here to discuss the marketability of LO and do have the "well-being" of the project in mind.

Re: the SourceForge newsletter report: From what I can see the SourceForge newsletter report is accurate but cannot really be interpreted as "AOO having been downloaded by millions of users". It is a relative measure against the projects on their servers for this particular month. I just thought it would be interesting to keep up to the SourceForge report (I am on their newsletter list.)

Re: "... for business use": This discussion, again, from a marketability perspective, had been done on a prior post and it led to our opinions been aired and made clear by all those who participated on that discussion.

Perhaps we could just put up a wiki page with a description airing our differences and this would clear up our arguments rather than going in circles. I really think that there is some misunderstanding of some of the arguments being made while we may in fact agree on some of them. Would this help?

Other than this, if any of the marketing team members have strong feelings about any aspect of LibreOffice that they do not agree on, there are many other aspects of marketing that need attention[1]. Hopefully these sentiments would not prevent them from helping out the marketing team with this. If you are not sure, just leave a note on this list and someone will direct you to a marketing project in need of help. I will try to review the "Work Items" page this week or next and update it (Feel free to add to the page if you wish!)

Thanks to all for keeping our "coolness" in our discussions.