Hi Simon and Michael

Le 2012-05-01 08:39, Simon Phipps a écrit :

On 1 May 2012, at 09:35, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 00:19 +0100, Simon Phipps wrote:

== Call for Action ==

*  Who would be willing to collaborate with me on this?
*  Is there an upcoming event we can set as a goal so we have a target (lat May-early June)?
*  Board:  Will you give this scheme your agreement please?

        You have my moral support :-) though I can't invest time in this as of
now.

Would not expect you to! Although of course when you see local events around your area that need
copies of manuals or bundles of leaflets, joining in would be great!

Wrt. the collaboration - what concretely do you need done ?

Three main areas:

*  Preparing materials
We already have the great manuals plus some leaflet&  banner designs, but each design needs some
love to make it work at a specific event. I've tried, and I really am not skilled enough to work on
them. I'd love to have one or more collaborators who can maintain store-ready artwork that we can
upload and order.

I'd also love someone to design us a table cloth that could be used at table-top events. It would
need out name and graphics along the edges in particular, so they show when the cloth is draped
over a table.  No idea how to get it manufactured, but I know where to ask if there's someone with
the graphic skills.

*  Linking with an event
When there's a local event that would benefit from leaflets, manuals, t-shirts etc

*  Sharing administration
I'm notoriously distractable, so having a collaborator here would be great too.

Thanks,

S.

FYI, the marketing team had started work on this -- "conference kits".[1] I have not updated these pages in a while due to health problems but am getting slowly getting back to work on these. Although out of date (Italo has left a note on this page), the outline is still valid but the materials links need to be updated.

The marketing team also discussed ways of distributing kits throughout regions, especially in the US and seeding the US with "regional kits" containing table covers, vinyl banners, generic leaflets, flyers, sample LibreOffice books, t-shirts and other swag etc. There was also talk of sourcing the swag at some regional suppliers.These kits would be dispatched where request would be made for them and from there the kits would be stored to be later dispatched to the next requested function. The idea is that the kits would then be replenished through raised funds at functions and any extra funds would help create more kits for despatch to other functions. Eventually, there would be enough kits in various regions to cover smaller territory. You will find some of the discussion on the US-marketing list if you filter the list on the word "kit" or "drew" or "marc pare" or "swag" or "shirt"..

These were not implemented pretty well because there was no established mechanisms for funding -- lack of financial funding outside of Europe is a serious problem and needs to be addressed, especially in the Americas. The other hurdle, is that there is also no established "marketing roles" for these areas (something like the previous OpenOffice "marcon" lists). I know that there is talk of establishing roles but it is really a question of which comes first. I would prefer seeing roles established first and then work on "regional kits", and strategic marketing projects for under-serviced regions where LibreOffice is still not really well-known (this includes the US).

AND, ahem ... on a technical point, hopefully, if someone could fix the WYSIWYG editor for the wiki, this would really help out with moving updates on the wiki for people who are not familiar with wiki-text!

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/ConferenceKit