for collaborators and I request an OK for the Board.

== Explanation ==

You may recall that Jean Hollis Weber made a great offer to LibreOffice from the Friends of
OpenDocument group a few weeks ago (March 11th). She said they hold a comfortable sum of money on
behalf of LibreOffice and went on to say:

Instead of giving the LO money to The Document Foundation
for general expenses, we think it is better to make it available to
cover expenses that The Document Foundation can't or won't
deal with. Some examples might be the cost of marketing
materials (including copies of the user guides) for tables at events,
attendance at events aimed at potential and actual customers
(librarians, educators, etc), or just about anything that would be
valuable for spreading awareness and growing the community
and the customer base.

I contacted Jean offline and asked more about this. We talked through the proposal I'm going to
make now, and in order to make it feasible I applied to and have been granted membership of Friends
of OpenDocument Inc.

=== Proposal ===

It would be great if LibreOffice advocates around the world were able to get hold of posters,
leaflets, maybe even t-shirts and table displays, in support of LibreOffice at user groups,
conferences and the like. One way to do this would be to create items on an online store such as
Lulu, CafePress or SpreadShirt (or equivalents accessible to other geographies) run on behalf of
both TDF and Friends of OpenDocument. We at the Friends could then purchase items at cost and have
them shipped to the event organiser.

I am willing to set up and administer such a store and work with the Friends to authorise and make
purchases, but I have no graphic skills whatsoever so would need others to help create items,
upload and maintain them.

It's not my proposal at this stage to create a TDF Store for public purchases, but it's obviously a
possible future development.

== Call for Action ==

*  Who would be willing to collaborate with me on this?
*  Is there an upcoming event we can set as a goal so we have a target (lat May-early June)?
*  Board:  Will you give this scheme your agreement please?

Cheers,

S.