Hi Drew, *,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 14:10 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
[hub.libreoffice.org stable redirector URLs]
So when you have a "reusable" idea (one where it is beneficial to have
a long lasting, stable URL that might point to different pages over
time), feel free to ask to have such a redirection setup.

...though, I'm not quite sure I agree that it matters more for a
published URL represented by a glyph used for machine scanning over one
represented by human readable text.

Oh, didn't want to imply that it was - rather than whenever you need a
URL that still should point to something useful in two or more years.
When the link is put into some "real world" stuff that you cannot
change afterwards (like a released version of LibreOffice - you cannot
change LO that was already installed by the user, and you cannot
change printed copies of flyers or books....)

At the end of the day, typed or scanned, the URL either landed somewhere
usable or not. Which is to say, it is the type of media that adds the
additional need for long term stability to the URL IMO, hard copy
printing, and perhaps even video, being such media.

Exactly. I don't know where you got the idea that I'd think it matters
more for QR-Codes, but I'm glad that you share my actual point :-)

So I think we actually agree :), that I and others, should take extra
caution when choosing URL's, of any type, for printed materials.

Yes :-)

Anyway - I do like the specific glyph Simon produced and the general
idea, for sure, definitely thinking we ought to incorporate such in a
variety of artifacts.

Yes, I'd love to see a QR-Code on every LO booth - some might say
"Welcome dear visitor, thanks for taking time to scan this code, what
about talking to our staff - when you say "<codeword>" you'll get a
cookie" :-D

ps - Seems like the hub.libreoffice.org/donate is a good idea - but
best I suppose to discuss that in a different thread?

Yes, please :-) you can then use it like
hub.libreoffice.org/donate?event=whatever or similar to make use of it
for specific campaigns/events.

ciao
Christian