Good question.

First off, I really like the QR's design.  From color to insertion of
graphic: distinctive and still functional.  Tip of the hat.  But...

This particular QR points to the download page of LO.  Maybe I'm alone in
this but:

   1. I've always, only scanned a QR w/my mobile device
   2. The only software downloads via QR were specific to the mobile device

Expectation is pretty important wrt QR's.  Based on that, for QR's I
generate, I've taken to:

   - Adding one-line captions alerting where the QR leads
   - The QR's always lead to mobile-appropriate urls (which must add value
   - not teasers)

I can see fringe cases where scanning the download linky to my mobile might
be advantageous.  Otherwise, I'm missing something.

All that aside, Simon, thanks again for showing an aesthetically
distinctive & appealing QR code.  No small trick!  ;-)

-Craig

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <