Hi Tom,
Are you supporting or objecting to having local groups request some of the money that Friends of
OpenDocument is holding?

Jean

On 11/03/2012, at 8:55, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
I thought the plan was to have "local teams", such as the Brazilian, or the French or wherever,
all administering their own finances and then giving maybe a flat rate as "Affiliation fees" or
some such and then maybe a percentage too.

My personal feeling is that Local teams need to work towards being self-sufficient and it would
be great if they can cover their own sundry costs without always having to discuss minutia and
waiting for TDF's BoD to approve a sundry expense.  I don't see any problem with Local Teams
being affiliated to both OOo and LO at the same time now.  I guess some funds may need to be
restricted to one or the other but that is something for the bookkeeping records and end-of-year
financial accounts.