On 02/23/2012 05:16 PM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 16:44 -0500, WorldLabel.com wrote:
My initial thought is we should concentrate on "increasing
contributors to
LibreOffice", getting more developers from North America involved at a
hackfest/conference, documentation writers, marketers, distributors,
graphics and art,  and anyone else who wants to contribute. We need to
create more excitement in North America. I  believe this is the
foundation
needed for stronger growth for LO adoption in North America.
I'm all for a contributor event if that's what we feel should be the
priority.  I'm still of the belief that if we increase the user base
then we increase the chances that developers "want in" and step up.  But
that's always a matter of chicken-egg debate.

I'm curious though, if we are seeking new developers and other
contributors what strategy do we have that will incentivize people with
such skills to want to contribute to LibreOffice?  And how big is the LO
contributor-base in North America?

Bryen M Yunashko

I can no longer program, but my English dictionary set [4 American, 4 British, and 3 Canadian] and the NA-DVD is my contribution to LO.

How many of the programmers are in North America, instead of Europe? That would be nice to know the percentage.