Hi Everyone

It would be good for the community to try set up a Biennial Conference in
North America for LibreOffice.org. Either in Montreal, Boston or San
Fransisco. I think it is in our best interest to start developing the North
American community.

Some investigation so far, and this is in the city of Boston: depending on
the number of people attending, we can use the offices at the FSF. Another
alternative is having the Libreoffice.org Conference as a component of
LibrePlanet2012: http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2012 Or a
conference hall at the Univ. Of Mass. can be rented at a very low cost.

Generally we would want the conference to be at least 6 months apart from
the main conferences which, based on past history will always be in the EU.
(the exception being 2008 in China for OOo)

A quick note back saying you would be interested in attending if there was
such a conference would be appreciated.

If anyone is interested in helping investigate this and driving this
further, please let me know.

Sincerely

Russell