 1.  If a conference is created, I'd like to push for something in a more centralized
location.

I would agree with that.  I think we can be totally flexible if we can get
this going. But in general, I think the first conference should be in City
which would bring in the most amount of folks to help jump start this into
a regular event. And of course take into account cost factors.

 "Growing the community" is a good thing, but this is still a rather vague
target and we should take the time to identify what that target means.
 Factors do influence how we determine the target.

My initial thought is we should concentrate on "increasing contributors to
LibreOffice", getting more developers from North America involved at a
hackfest/conference, documentation writers, marketers, distributors,
graphics and art,  and anyone else who wants to contribute. We need to
create more excitement in North America. I  believe this is the foundation
needed for stronger growth for LO adoption in North America.

 A LibreOffice users conference

Since LO enterprise is ready for implementation, this is perhaps another
area to explore. Im not sure if the timing is right for this now thou.

I have proposed in the past for OOo to exhibit at the annual American
Library Association conference: http://www.alaannual.org/ This is something
we can explore again oneday.

Targeting FOSS events like LFNW and SCaLE, etc. are nice but since most
are Linux users

Yes,  preach to the congregation not the choir.

So, a conference that targets Windows users and corporate software decision
makers and trainers could create the most bang for the buck in
a conference the first year.

Lets discuss this more. I dont know enough about the user base in the USA
using LO, especially the corporate base to make an opinion.  As previously
mentioned my first thought is to develop the "contributor community" which
I think would be needed for support if we are then to attack the Window
User base and corporate software decision makers on a larger scale .

Best regards

Russell