Marc Paré wrote on 2012-02-16 19:59:
At some point, a few months ago, there had been talk of using the
LibreOffice Logo with a country subline but more of an added "panel" to
the logo. I actually prefer this type of treatment of identifying the
community rather than modifying our trademarked icon. I know that during
these discussions, there was talk of keeping the country-flag out of the
panel, and references with problems that had occurred during the days of
OOo and use of country flags. You can find some of the suggested samples
that were given by Helio Ferreira here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_01.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_02.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_03.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_04.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_05.png

I must confess that I like this approach much better - thank you very much for sharing!

By that, we could combine local elements with the logo, without touching the latter one.

What do the others think? Might this approach be better than adding a graphical element to our paper clip icon? From a legal point of view, it definitely is better, I don't feel too comfortable with allowing major modifications to our logo...

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108