Hi guys,

        Please CC me on replies, since I'm not subscribed to the list, and
can't follow all lists in linear time [ as you do so curse reply-to:
mangling please ;-].

        And:

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:29:50 -0400
From: drew <drew@baseanswers.com>
To: Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>
Cc: marketing@global.libreoffice.org
I suppose the thing to do now is just to finish the en page and to do
that how about we look again at

        The donate page looks substantially better these days - which is
encouraging. I suggest we add the pretty piggy-bank logo on the download
page, at the bottom/right to point at this page too as/when we have
polished it up.

but I suppose this is also a great moment to re-write that page a
bit..it's seems a little sparse on actual copy that ASKS for a
donation.

        Here would be my suggestions to compress it vertically and make it
somewhat richer:

Back in a few hours with a draft then,

        Did the painting get the better of you - or should I be
subscribed ? :-)

        I think the current text is rather good.

        I'd sort the SPI link to the top though, and the flatr link below
paypal, and have some side-by-side divs with the huge Fries Office
address & bank details block on the right. Hopefully that'll get it into
a single page.

        I also think that something graphical would be really helpful here; a
single rotating image as on the front-page, with a caption of: "how we
spend your money" - with a selection of a pictures:

        Image / embedded caption:
        Munich Hack-Fest - hack fests to work on the code
        Paris / LibreOffice conf - conferences to co-ordinate and excite
        generic? server hardware - hardware to host infrastructure
        Italo at some conference - travel subsidy for speakers
        ODF plug-fest picture - standards work to enhance ODF

        Or somesuch ? if people agree, I can help put the images together and
make a mess of them to the point that someone clueful is provoked to do
it right ? :-)

        Wrt. the text, I'd move the "we prefer volunteers" rubric from the
bottom up, and say:

        "You are encouraged to send cash donations by one of these
         channels"

        or somesuch, with a bit more cosmetic text tweaking as we put it in
place. How does that sound ?

        HTH,

                Michael.