Hi Drew,

Cc'ing Michael, as he wanted to work on the donation page.

drew wrote on 2011-10-23 19:29:

I recall Drew was working on a new donation page, but due to the
conference, I honestly lost plot on this a bit.

Drew, can you let me know the status quo?

Pretty much where it was with my last email..which might be good.

:-) Thanks for your work on this! What I did in the meantime was to redirect challenge.documentfoundation.org to the current donations website, as the content on challenge was quite outdated already.

and that was:
- added an unpublished Donate page to the LibreOffice.org site

To www.libreoffice.org, I guess?

  - the actual donate form didn't work, my fault as I simply did
    a copy paste from the challenge site..I'll look in the email
    archive for the hows and whys and hows.

It should be sufficient to add $PayPalTDF as text, then the donation button should appear.

  - also tried to create a couple of virtual pages, but then this is
    not correct if you think about it as this approach to different
    languages wasn't virtual pages.

IMHO, we simply added a page to each website rather than using virtual pages or localization pages. However, as soon as we have a "master" page in English, we can ask the folks over at the website list what's best.

I suppose the thing to do now is just to finish the en page and to do
that how about we look again at

[1] http://challenge.documentfoundation.org/donate/

my first thought was simply to move that page to

http://libreoffice.org/donate

but I suppose this is also a great moment to re-write that page a
bit..it's seems a little sparse on actual copy that ASKS for a
donation.

Rewriting is a good idea. We should mention what we do with the money, what we are about, why donations are important and so on. The current donation page pretty much reflects the challenge campaign and at some places even states that we had enough money, which of course is wrong. ;-)

Also, noted the email from Sophie about the update to the SPI donation
page, that reference needs to be updated on this page.

Hm, seems I missed the plot - what it's about?

Alright - I guess the first thing is that first paragraph, that's short
and sweet but maybe just one initial sentence as to why 'they' should
donate.

Exactly.

hmmm... I need to go paint a few window frames, now while it is a bright
sunny fall day [a shrinking resource this year]...and will think about
that first sentence while watching the brush strokes.

Thanks! Maybe you can coordinate with Michael, who wanted to work on that.

Florian

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108