Hello all,
Some time ago we discussed having a shop with LibreOffice merchandise.

I have created a shop on http://www.spreadshirt.com named http://libreoffice.spreadshirt.dk and i would like to share my experiences with you.

I first created a free account and created a free shop with limited functionality and adverts on the shop. It's possible to upgrade the account to Premium member ( http://www.spreadshirt.com/help-C1328/categoryId/29/articleId/77 ) for $10.00 per month. PS: After only two weeks I was upgraded for free ;-) for two years.

Site functionalities
When I created the site i used standard design and did only some simple customization for fun. Its possible to manipulate the stylesheets so it should be possible to create a design equal to our website design guidelines.
Its possible to use a custom URL like http://shop.libreoffice.org.
Its possible to embed individual products into another website.
Its possible to upload own product photos.
Its possible to create private products (can only be bought by admins) witch could be used for special events like the conference, hacḱfest and ODF plugfest etc.

The site can be multi language ( http://libreoffice.spreadshirt.dk/en/ ) but unfortunately its not possible to create language specific product descriptions and site descriptions.

The products
There is a variety of products. Of cause T-shirts and polo shirts for both men and women. Also many kinds of accessories like caps, key hangers, bags and aprons.

I have tried the t-shirts and the general quality is fine. The print can survive washing, but the colour correctness must be investigated closer. I'm not qualified to judge, but as a comparison I find the colour correctness better that the t-shirts we saw at the conference in Paris (no offend).

The product design mechanism (application) is actually quite good in comparison to other similar I have seen. I think its possible to create quite nice designs. The designs I have made are very simple.

Prices
Every t-shirt are produced individual witch of cause makes the price quite high. The provision per product can therefore not be much higher than 3 - 5 EUR - otherwise the final sales price becomes too high. Thats just my personal opinion though.

Delivery
I usually got my products delivered after 7-10 days.

The Marketplace
Once a product is created we can put it on the Marketplace. Then our products will be sold in the spreadshirt shop as well. My products was unfortunately rejected with the cause its too private and therefore not very sell-able (I don't know the correct word, but they don't believe they can sell the products). I will guess that if we create products that are actually been sold, then they will be willing to put it on the Marketplace. I think the most important feature about Marketplace is that the products will be produced for stock and not individually per order.

The company
The company sprd.net AG is in Leipzig, Germany. Perhaps some German citizen can investigate the company closer.
http://www.spreadshirt.dk/impressum-C1338

My conclusion
I believe that spreadshirt can serve our needs but we should test one or two more shops for comparison. One very big advantage in this case is the wide opportunity to customize our own shop. The most important disadvantage in my eyes are the quite high prices.

Just my two cent to the discussion ;-)

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl
The Danish Team