I assume that they probably don't take much notice of individuals especially if the individual
seems tooo keen on their product.  After they have had differently worded requests from a
large(ish) number of people they might start to look into it.

It would be great to have a standard thing to copy&paste (and perhaps modify a little) instead of
risking being too much like Richard Stallman or too polite.  Richard Stallman's approach does seem
to get things done but it's good to give people a fair chance first.