On 10/26/2011 04:31 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Lucas, *,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Lucas Filho<lucascoe@yahoo.com.br>  wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NCYfYjZtIw22w5rARHmkVw?feat=directlink
I can imagine that one on T-Shirts and similar - but as a general
mascot it looks to "mean"/bad-ass :-))

(and I assume you'd be OK with putting it on shirts, etc despite "©
all rights reserved"?)

ciao
Christian

I am not sure that it looks "mean/bad-ass" to me. But there is something about the character's smile that might be seen that way.

I think maybe having some text saying that he is "the" mascot for LibreOffice would help it. Using something like "Join me in using LibreOffice, the best free office suite around", "LibreOffice is a suite deal", or "LibreOffice, liberate your office suite from the big bad MS giant", under the mascot would get the message across about what he is the mascot for. Right now people would not know that "Libo" could be short for LibreOffice.

I would not mind getting a larger version of this mascot and see about making a tee-shirt with an iron-on media. I would have to get an image that is at least 5 or 6 inches across [whatever it would be in millimeters or pixels. Maybe a full page Inkscape .svg document [letter or A4] would do as well. I would use Inkscape to create the document to print on the iron-on media. If it look good, I could see how much it would cost to have a few made up at an online company out of New York City that does this type of printing and does embroidery as well. Their minimum order is 4 pieces, so it would be easy to get then.

Actually having a tee-shirt would be nice, but having it printed/embroidered on a polo-style shirt at the pocket area, maybe 2-3 inches across, would look more professional for shows and events. Larger is not always better, just easier to see from a greater distance.

SO Lucas, would you mind sending me a larger copy of the mascot, but not the ones with the background colors. It would need to be off the list. Either "webmaster@krackedpress.com" or "webmaster@libreoffice-na.us" would be a good email address to sent it to. I really like to see what I can do with that mascot and some text to make an interesting shirt with it.
.