Hi all,

As per Florian request, I'm posting here the draft I made, feel free
to add your mandatory items to the list:

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
[...]

I understood your proposal was to actually announce the new location in Paris. I think that's
impractical. But I do think it's possible to start the call-for-location process now, promote it
in Paris, and announce the new location in January. The timeline for 2012 would look something
like:

September 1st  : Announce the Call for Location for 2012
October 1st:  PR about the process, announce details of the Selection Panel
Paris conference:  Plenary slot explaining the process and timeline
November  15th:  Applications close
December:  Selection Panel reviews applications
January 15th: Location announced

And for 2013:

September 1st: Mention in PR there will be a 2013 selection process
November 15th:  Announce the Call for Location for 2013
January 15th:  Include news of 2013 process in PR
March:  Promote 2013 Call for Location
May 31st: Applications close
June/July: Selection Panel reviews applications
August 30th: 2013 venue announced
October: @013 team attends and helps with 2012 conference

Points to take into account for the next proposal
+ main venue
- easy to access from international transports
- easy to access from accommodations
- at least 2 big rooms for conf hosting + one for meetings/others +
one place for community gathering

+ team
- at least 5 persons are necessary for the whole organization
- one should be dedicated to sponsor relations and to
invitations/visa, administrative tasks (it's very time consuming).
- have a local NGO for expenses and sponsoring and deal with the money

+ it could be along another event, but should have enough room/meeting
points for our own conf

Questions for the proposal:
- describe the location
- describe your team