Hello,

I'm sitting in Hof on the LibreOffice German Community weekend at the moment, and yesterday, we had a discussion about the sense and nonsense of conference calls.

While it's no secret that I'm in favor of having regular calls, others here heavily objected. They named language barriers and time zone problems as stopper for people to join, and felt that those who cannot join the phone conferences would be somehow excluded from decision making.

My experience is that it sometimes can be really helpful to discuss with people on the phone and just "get work done". I can understand that decision making, should it be necessary, should be done on the mailing list rather than on a phone call, and that minutes and recordings should be provided afterwards -- however, I do not want to totally omit these calls.

However, as the participation rate in the latest calls has been rather low, and the participation in the latest poll (http://www.doodle.com/pdsx39rueycptpeu) is also not that overwhelming, I'd like to get some feedback from your side on what you think.

Do the calls make sense? Shall we have them regularly? Shall we do something different?

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108