Ian,

thank you for your email. We will, in the near future, open a
discussion on business and certification on behalf of TDF. Thank you
for your ideas!

Best,
Charles.
PS: for some reason I felt that the LDV Transfer had run out of money?

LDV TOI is alive and kicking. statistically there is a 30% chance of an
application being successful but I have had 2 out of 3 so far. We applied
for two grants this year, one for developing an OOo qualification and
another for Special Needs. The Special needs was accepted and the OOo one
turned down but I think that was more because they didn't want to give one
small organisation 2 grants. We also have feedback and more time to plan
this time. In fact people in other countries could apply separately so its
possible to hedge our bets and if say two grants are successful we get
600k not 300. There are also transversal grants under key activities and
development of innovation direct from Brussels but they are more difficult
with more competition. Smaller grants for teacher training and study
visits are possible too. Now I know how this system works it is possible
to get maybe millions of Euros to LibreO development one way or another
from grants but also I think that a sustainable income from selling
training and certification is possible on an eventually bigger scale. I
have done a lot of work on this over the last few years which is why I
haven't been on the lists. It's really good to see we finally got a
Foundation set up.

Le Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:44:07 +0100,