[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:25:24 +0200
- To: "Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LO L10N Mailing List <email@example.com>
Hi Ming, *,
On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 5:30 AM Ming H. <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I have a question regarding updating the translations on Weblate using the file downloading/uploading method.
> I usually just use the web interface of Weblate, and I appreciate the feature of linking the "6.4 UI" and "master UI" translations together so that the changes I did in one branch is automatically copied to the other as long as the source strings are the same (maybe the translated strings need to be the same as well? I am not sure).
Yes. translation must also be same for it to propagate
> But occasionally I use the file downloading and uploading method to give a certain component an overall change, covering quite a few strings at the same time. […]
> Is there any option or procedure that can enable automatic propagation between branches?
Propagation of translations on file upload has been explicitly
disabled by weblate authors:
Could be reenabled again on our instance if majority of translators agree.
> Or do I have to upload the file twice, one for each branch?
Please don't use the same file twice. Please download the files for
both branches separately and locally merge your changes before
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate||"Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate||"Ming H." <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate "quality" bar
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate