Hi Olivier, *,

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 3:43 PM Olivier Hallot
<olivier.hallot@libreoffice.org> wrote:

It happens so often that it becomes tiresome.

On the 2 strings below of the same XHP file,

Please always provide links, every string has a permalink option to
share a link.
At least provide the component / what help file that is about. With a
project as large as ours having to hunt for specific strings is
unnecessary work...

1) Choose <emph>Shape - Arrange - In Front of Object</emph>

2) Choose <menuitem>Home - Arrange - In Front of Object</menuitem>.

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textsimpress00/pt_BR/?checksum=12d268e109958c6c

The suggestion for the second string is null, even if the first is fully
translated minutes before.

If you manually search for Choose <menuitem>Home - Arrange - In Front
of Object</menuitem>. you get a hit, but just barely below the
threshold for being considered in the automatic list.

Is there a tweak to do in the matching algorithm to improve that (e.g.
weight on contents and less on tags)? I can understand the difference in
the tags, but at least I think to get some % match as suggestion.

You get some %, but weblate thinks that the match is not close enough
to be worthy of an auto-suggestion.

If this is a matter for a bug ticket in Weblate, please let me know.

It at least is "working as designed" - don't think that tags in this
context are treated special, my guess is that they are treated like
regular elements and thus contribute to a lower match/score.

Also probably a case of ask two people, get three opinions on what
should be the "correct" score for mismatching tags....

ciao
Christian