Mike Saunders schreef op 21.02.2023 08:48:
Hi Cristian, everyone,

On 20.02.23 22:39, Cristian Secară wrote:

Has anyone thought about i18n issues at the time of choosing this font ? A quick look at the embedded character set shows that this font lacks support for Czech, Polish, Hungarian and Romanian alphabets (this for Latin based scripts); it also lacks support for Greek, it also lacks support for Cyrillic. Not a word about Asian or Arabic scripts.

The choice of Vegur as the branding font for LibreOffice goes back
many years, back to the start (2010) I believe. You make a good point,
if it's missing many characters for many languages, and we should fix
that.

Why not choose from SIL fonts ? Their i18n support is comprehensive (and font quality is awesome).

Thanks for the suggestion -- do you have a specific font in mind?

Why not choose Liberation Sans like in the Guides?

Or, perhaps the sister project considers that only 'Western' languages "... have digital content created years ago and stored in old, outdated and proprietary document formats." ?

Not at all, and clearly Vegur is lacking. Let's find a font that works
is many more scripts, and adapt the flyers accordingly...

Cheers,
Mike