Hi Serg, *,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Serg Bormant <bormant@gmail.com> wrote:

Pootle says, that 4.3 ui (RU) completed at 100%, so there are no
untranslated items here:
[...]
and see bunch of untranslated items:

Tango Green
Subtle Tango Green
Tangi Purple
and more...

Now try to find one of these items in 4.3 ui pootle:
[...]
No results found.

Now try to find one of these items in git:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/translations/tree/source/ru/svx/source/dialog.po

Bingo!!! There are

but that displays master tree (i.e. the state of 4.4 before it
branched-off), so irrelevant for 4.3 translations.

https://github.com/LibreOffice/translations/blob/libreoffice-4-3-6/source/ru/svx/source/dialog.po
is the translation as of now in the 4.3.6 one. (i.e. the most current
in the 4-3 line)

[cgit.fdo is also pretty slow when working with the translation repo,
so I suggest to use the github mirror for inspection instead (see also
Sophie's mail from a short while ago)]

Those strings were not flagged as translatable in the 4.3 branch. only

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=927a869b9ac0e8a36de08f160a0c9a42452ef3aa

made them translatable.

The 100% refers to what is in the po file templates/what is flagged as
translatable. The value might be off sometimes because some stats are
not updated immediately, but in this case the 100% is correct. You
cannot translate more in 4.3. Even if you added the strings to the
pofile, they wouldn't be used by LibreOffice.

Making those strings translatable for LO 4.4 didn't please all
translators either. There were rants about that useless change, yadda
yadda... You cannot please everyone I guess..

long story short: Those strings are not translatable in 4.3, what you
see in pootle is all you can translate.

ciao
Christian