I've answered your survey but in general, I found it too binary i.e. whether I prefer Pootle or Virtaal depends on what the task is. I tried to give this info as much as I could but to sum it up for you, too coordinate a translation projects with many collaborators, a Pootle server is really useful. Like LibreOffice. But if you have a really small team and there aren't 100s of po files, Virtaal is more effective.

Michael

05/11/2014 21:57, sgrìobh Valeria Siano:
Hi Sophie!

Thanks for replying.

In particular this survey is just part of a study analysing non-experienced
translators' reaction to Pootle and Virtaal. I would like to figure out
which tool would be better for a beginner in FOSS projects.
On the other hand, the survey aims to collect active users' opinions, so
that I can compare two opposite points of view (experienced /
non-experienced users).

Thanks for your help! =)

Valeria

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>