Hi :)

Going off-topic (now that the original question has been solved), hopefully
just briefly ...

Of course Firefox (and many others) allows add-ons such as
machine-translators.  They are getting much better but are still
hilariously bad quite often.  Often they give just enough of a hint that i
think i understand what someone is saying although i always wonder if they
have sent me off in a wrong direction.

My MT (i think "Quick translate"), gave me;
"Hello!
I ask you to add the Abkhaz language for translation
Libre Office ver. 4.3.3.2
"
Which made a lot of sense and it's good to have a respectable human confirm
that because it gives me a little more confidence in the MT.

I've often wondered if they might be "good enough" to get rough
translations done well enough for humans to proof-read and polish?  Perhaps
just "good enough" to use alongside the human translators own skill and
knowledge, perhaps to get some inspiration?  Perhaps better for people who
are only just starting to translate things?

I've also wondered if it's easier to have paired teams.  So in this case
someone who is a native Russian-speaker but understands Abkhazian "well
enough" to do first drafts and then a native Abkhazian-speaker to do
proof-reading, ideally one who understands Russian (or English or
something) just well enough to be able to look back at a source document to
double-check that things haven't gone too far off-track.

Does either of those ideas have any validity?  Are they something that
noobs or laymen often seem to think but turns out to be more work and/or
less accurate than whatever different ways your teams use?

Err, i am a typical English person and only understand 1 language at all
and not even that great at that 1 so please forgive my noobishness in this
post.
Regards from
Tom :)