Yasir, kōi bāt nahīñ :)

And before you ask, I only speak a tiny bit. Not many chances to learn here.

05/02/2012 14:32, sgrìobh Urdu Localizer:
Walaikumussalam Michael,

Brother, thank you so much for this warm welcome and encouragement.

I think you are getting my point that I do not want to go for a "second or
third level" translation. I want to translate  directly from the root-level
language.
I'm not sure if GT goes via English or not. I hadn't considered that. I'd try taking some of the longer strings from the Hindi translation (something longer than 10 words or so) and test in on GT.

But I am surprised and disappointed to see that the name of the Fourth Most
Spoken language of the world is NOT included in the Languages List.
No slight intended but the list doesn't include all 6,000 languages on the planet. I had to have my locale added too if I remember rightly. I think the one's you see are languages which are or at some point were active on the Pootle server.

Michael