Hi Xuacu,

On Thursday, 2011-11-24 21:55:15 +0100, Xuacu Saturio wrote:

Not so perfect after all. Iñigo Varela, one of the Asturian team
members, noticed that I forgot to add a separator between the month
and the year. It's not very clear for a non-developer like me where
to add it, my best guess is in <LongDateMonthSeparator>, but I may
be wrong. This is the line:
<LongDateMonthSeparator> de </LongDateMonthSeparator>

And the expected result:
«xueves, 24 de payares de 2011»

Those long date separators are a bit tricky, they are used in parsing
dates, alas not always consistently and now with the genitive/partitive
month names even more, something that needs to be reworked. Only a very
few rudimentary field display methods use those separators to construct
a date string. With the exception of LongDateDayOfWeekSeparator that is
used in the NNNN format code of the number formatter.

Where the first "de" is caused by genitive month and the second
"de", between month and year, is the result of
LongDateMonthSeparator.

To get "de" between month and year in number formats, the format code
has to state this. For your example that uses

NN, D, MMMM YYYY
or
NNNND, MMMM YYYY
or
NNNNDD, MMMM YYYY

these would have to be changed to

NN, D, MMMM "de" YYYY
and
NNNND, MMMM "de" YYYY
and
NNNNDD, MMMM "de" YYYY

As an extra test, I send the full ast_ES.xml attached.

Stripped again, seems this list is setup such.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD