Hello all,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 19:47, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 18:46 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
Sorry, this breaks the string freeze in 3-3, 3-4 and 3-4-1. Translators
expect that strings don't change in stable brances. I would say, it is
easier for everyone, if we change strings in master only.

Seems nuts to me that its better to keep translations of incorrect help
content in sync than to have at least some of them right, but *shrug*,
whatever's easiest to manage.

Currently there are many help contents that obsolete or inaccurate.
But wrt the string freeze, we couldn't release the fix of them
(because they all must happen in master), and user have to wait for
the next 3.x major release to have them correct, which is every
too-long six months.

So, IMO
- may we freeze only UI string, but not help? (but it's harder to
manage, though)
- or update the wikihelp more frequently? (but this doesn't update
localhelp, which maybe essential for some users)
- or just leave it as is?

What is the process for other projects?

Best Regards,
--