Am 17.04.2011 20:59, schrieb Andras Timar:

I also suggest removing version number from the name of the projects,
because it has several benefits. One of them is preserving
contribution statistics of the project.
That's a good point. Statistics are important. I wonder what others
think.

I wonder why it should be important for the statistics if we have Version numbers in the project or not. If someone is actually doing a translation this is counted - and that is what matters (regardless of the version she contributed to).

Should we always translate the current version under
development? It would be still possible to send patches and/or updated
po files for stable versions, because translations are stored in git,
too.

I'd like to see the the development brach and the "current stable but in bugfix-mode" version in pootle. It's by far more easy to trasnaltors to fix translation issues at the same place where they did the full translation - so whoever is using pootle to do translations will likely do bug fixing through pootle as well.

As second point: in OOo we had several languages that (due to lack of personal resources) could not deliver 100% translation in time. These languages got in troubles, when the "old but stable" strings got replaced with the new developer version.

So although it was not really planned that way, I like the current situation to have the strings for at least two LibO-Versions in pootle.

regards,

André