2011/4/17 Hossein Noorikhah <hossein.ir@gmail.com>:
As older versions like LibO 3.3.x are no longer used in pootle for
translation, I suggest removing all of them from pootle, so we will
have a single version of strings available on pootle. Each package
should be upgraded before removing the older version. For example, we
still have the old version of the extensions project. This prevents
confusion of translators, and also creates a real continuous
translation process.

LibO 3.3.x is not dead, there will be at least one release from that
branch and translations can be updated/completed.

Extensions are special. Only NLPSolver is bundled to LibreOffice. It
does not matter if it is labeled as 3.3 or 3.4 because the version of
NLPSolver is the same in both branches. The other extensions are not
bundled. In fact, I think we should create an independent module for
each extension, providing that someone volunteers to manage them (i.e.
take the translations and push them upstream).

I also suggest removing version number from the name of the projects,
because it has several benefits. One of them is preserving
contribution statistics of the project.

That's a good point. Statistics are important. I wonder what others
think. Should we always translate the current version under
development? It would be still possible to send patches and/or updated
po files for stable versions, because translations are stored in git,
too.

Best regards,
Andras