2011.02.24. 11:17 keltezéssel, Andre Schnabel írta:
Hi,

as we need to work on 3.4 translations soon, wouldn't it be better
to make the merged translations the default and create the
projects in pootle?

I'm not sure, if Kendy (or someone) already worked on git integration
for our pootle setup. Do we have some news on this?

Hi Andre,

You are right, we need to work on 3.4 translations soon. AFAIK merging
process at master is not yet complete, so translatable strings will
change a lot. But we should find out the right process before string
freeze happens, so we can be prepared by then.

I don't think that Pootle-git bridge should be first step, I consider
this as an optional feature.

What I would like to do first is to import po files to git (at least a
few languages) and tweak the build system that it converts po files to
sdf particles and deliver them to solver. Also, translate-toolkit should
be imported to our git (to libs-extern-sys maybe?) because we need it
for the conversion on every platform. I need help with this.

Later on we can find out how to pull translations. For example we can
run a script that download translations from TDF Pootle, and from
external sources, too, because not every language team wants to use TDF
Pootle. Then somebody (e.g. I) can commit them to git after a few sanity
checks.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Andras