Response embedded.

2010/12/30 Andras Timar <timar74@gmail.com>

2010/12/30 Arjuna Rao Chavala <arjunaraoc@googlemail.com>

1.This is  lot of unnecessary work for the translators, as I have seen
that
there is more occurences of same strings when a language has more than
one
locale (based on country), even though there is no difference in the
language. For example same strings repeat for te and  te-IN. I do not
know
the current constraints or whether current POT file is not properly put
together, but  this could have been handled by capturing translations for
substrings and putting them in the UI.

Yes, unfortunately we have a lot more helppack entries than actually
needed.
Probably it was a copy&paste from other part of the code. Sorry for the
repeated strings. I already proposed to review the list of languages in
libreoffice@fdo list, it can be a part of that.

Thanks

2. I have noticed some more strings for installing spell checker
dictionary
for some languages, as more extensions are added, maintaining the
translation becomes difficult.

Can you please give some details, I don't understand what you mean.

Example: Galician spellchecker dictionary for %PRODUCTNAME ,
Why there were no such strings for other languages? Will they appear later.
If they again repeat for languages with more locales, it will be a problem.

3. I have seen some repeats for installation commands for different
distributions as well.

Repetitions should really be handled by the translation tool. It is not
desirable (or sometimes not even possible) to re-use the same source string
in a different context.

Virtaal that I used seem to have limitations/bugs at present. Some times
translators may be using primitive tools, hence it is better for strings to
be minimal and occuring only once.

4. In the HTML paras, the string to be highlighted is given as URL
instead
of appropriate English word.

In the below example source string, note the repetition of the url as the
string to be highlighted.

If you appreciate their efforts, and would like to ensure that
${PRODUCTNAME} continues to be available far into the future, please
consider contributing to the project - see <a href="
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/";>
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/</a> for details. Everyone
can make a contribution of some kind.

Do you refer to the readme?

No.  Not sure I understand readme in your question above.

Thanks
Arjun