2010.11.05. 10:05 keltezéssel, Pau Iranzo írta:
El dv 05 de 11 de 2010 a les 09:50 +0100, en/na Andre Schnabel va
escriure:

I'd be happy if someone would dive into the details of the localization
build process. Goran already had some thoughts on this, and there is the
idea that we should get rid of sdf at all. But this really needs time.

As a translator I couldn't agree more. But this would mean changing a
lot of source code (I guess we would opt for gettext...). In Catalan
(Valencian) case that'd be great! (we could start using modifiers.

There are 3 different things IMHO that should not be mixed.

1. Internal handling of messages in the source code.
2. Presentation of messages to localizers.
3. Store translations in git.

IMHO gettext is not suitable for the wide range of file types that
contain localizable content in LibreOffice.

Localizers can work with PO files (or with XLIFF files) for a while. PO
and XLIFF can be converted to SDF and vice versa.

What about if we stored translations in PO (or XLIFF or any suitable
file format) in git and generated SDF files build time?

Andras