Thanks Matthew,

What I need is "bulk processing" of documents. I currently run LO in headless mode and open the
documents in read-only format (macros disabled) hoping that would improve performance. To answer to
your points: no interactiveness and high throughput to scrape document content.

Your suggestion of running a pool of LO instances seems to be implemented by the oodaemon
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/oodaemon/) that I mentioned earlier, but the project seems quite
dated.

Cheers,
Jens